WCFB volunteers help provide safe food to the community by sorting, inspecting, and organizing donated food and grocery product.
WCFB is located in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. Volunteer opportunities are periodically available in the WCFB warehouse.
Volunteer Shift Availability
In order to provide a meaningful volunteer experience, WCFB requires that volunteers sign up for a recurring two hour time slot once per week on the same day each week.
Days: Monday through Friday
- No weekend shifts available
- Closed on major holidays and the last business (week) day of the month
- Individuals must be 13 years or older
- Volunteers 13 through 15 years of age must be supervised by an adult
- Volunteers 16 years and older can volunteer by themselves
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Must stand for the duration of volunteer shift
- Footwear – Due to the warehouse environment, sandals, flip-flops, high heels or open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- Exclusions – WCFB does not accept court-ordered community service.
Once your application is received we will contact you to discuss available volunteer opportunities and scheduling an orientation.
Neither a volunteer application nor orientation is necessary for a group. Groups receive training during the first part of their scheduled volunteer time.
- Group size: the maximum group size is 8 volunteers; a group of 6 to 8 volunteers is optimal.
- Minimum volunteer age: 13 years old
- Group volunteer shifts: 9:00am to 12:00pm or 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Recurring groups volunteer opportunities: Currently there are no recurring weekly or monthly volunteer group opportunities.
- It is best to contact WCFB a month or two in advance to inquire about group opportunities and schedule a volunteer time.
Footwear: Due to the warehouse environment, sandals, flip-flops, high heels or open-toed shoes are not permitted.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
When volunteer opportunities at WCFB are unavailable or don’t match your needs for schedule or location, we encourage you to directly contact the following hunger relief organizations that we know are accepting volunteers (updated monthly):
Community Supper Milford
Unitarian Universalist Church
Phone: (508) 473-3589