There is no one face for hunger. It could be a family member, friend, neighbor, acquaintance or student. It can be children, adults and seniors.
Every action you take can make a difference in the lives of many local people in need in Worcester County. Whether it’s picking up something extra while you are at the grocery store, posting something on social media, having a discussion of food insecurity with friends, family or coworkers, or contacting your legislator about support for specific legislation, it all raises awareness and brings us one step closer to finding a long-term solution.
WCFB has created the following calendar containing suggested actions that you can take to support the families, young people, adults and seniors in Worcester County who are food insecure. It is available for downloading @HAM-30-Ways-in-30-Days-Calendar-2016.
The Hunger Actions that we will highlight during September are:
- September 2nd – SHARE ‘EMPTY PLATES’ VIDEO – Check our Facebook page for details
- September 8th – USE HUNGER ACTION MONTH FACEBOOK FRAME ON YOUR PERSONAL PAGE
- September 12th – ADVOCATE FOR CHILD NUTRITION REAUTHORIZATION @feedingamerica.org
- September 21st – SHARE YOUR PERSONAL STORY ABOUT THE IMPACT THAT HUNGER HAS HAD ON YOUR LIFE @Share Your Story
- September 25th – SHARE A WCFB POST, E-NEWSLETTER OR TWEET WITH FAMILY, FRIENDS AND COWORKERS