Do you want to help? Recurring opportunities for individuals and time-limited group opportunities are available throughout the year.
Individuals interested in volunteering will be asked to complete an application, attend a short orientation, and sign up for a recurring shift. For most volunteers, this amounts to a couple of hours, once or twice per week, during our normal business hours (Monday-Friday, days).
In addition, please note:
- Minimum age requirement to volunteer alone is 16+ (ages 13-15 welcome but must be supervised by an adult for the duration of the shift;
- If volunteering in the WCFB warehouse, the volunteer must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and stand throughout their shift);
- WCFB does not accept court-ordered community service.
Once your application is received, we will reach out to discuss available volunteer opportunities and orientation. If you have questions not answered here, don’t hesitate to contact us.
WCFB welcomes groups, subject to the amount of food donations we receive. No advance orientation is necessary; volunteer groups receive training during the first part of their scheduled shift at the Food Bank and generally commit either a morning or afternoon on Tuesdays (either 9:00a.m. – 12:30p.m. or 1:00-3:30p.m.) In addition please note:
- Children ages 13-15 must volunteer with adults, and there are currently no opportunities for children under 13;
- Group size is capped at 8 volunteers (optimal groups are between 6-8 people);
- There are currently no recurring opportunities for volunteer groups;
- We recommend contacting WCFB at least a few months in advance of when your group would like to volunteer. Complete the form below to inquire about opportunities..
Once your inquiry is received, we’ll be in touch. Meanwhile, if you have questions not answered here, you’re welcome to contact us any time.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
When volunteer opportunities at WCFB are unavailable or don’t match your schedule, we may be able to make suggestions of other non-profits – including some of our Partner Agencies – that are looking for volunteers.