Worcester County Food Bank employs a professional staff of 19 people. They are our greatest asset.
WCFB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a hunger-free community. To that end, WCFB annually collects over 6 million pounds of perishable and non-perishable food and distributes it through a network of 131 Partner Agencies, including food pantries and community meal programs; trains Partner Agencies in food safety; and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions to support children, families, and senior citizens in being more food secure and healthy.
WCFB’s Communications Manager is responsible for developing and supporting a multi-faceted communications strategy in support of our Advocacy and Fund Development departments. The position works across departments to provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day support and execution on multiple fronts, including to: ensure consistent messaging and branding, support a strong web presence, develop engaging printed materials, and support a strong media strategy. We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Communications Manager who can work across departments to create a Communications Plan that supports public policy advocacy, fund development, and raising awareness of the issue of hunger. The Communications Manager is a full-time exempt position that will report to the Director of Development and the Director of Advocacy.
- Messaging and Branding
- Maintain and regularly update WCFB’s overall messaging and branding strategy, ensuring that colleagues across the Food Bank are aware and involved in executing a consistent voice and message.
- Maintain and update WCFB’s Branding Guide, including graphics standards and style guide.
- Maintain and update WCFB’s communications calendars
- Coordinate strategies for telling personal stories that highlight the positive impact of our work across communication channels.
- Website, Social Media and E-News
- Maintain and update WCFB website content and photos, ensuring that WCFB has website content that is engaging, informative and up-to-date.
- Maintain, update, execute, and continuously evaluate social media plan, focusing on engaging a variety of audiences ranging from community members, volunteers, donors, advocates, and elected officials.
- Maintain, update, and execute an email marketing strategy for the organization, ensuring consistency across channels and audiences.
- Collect, take, store and use WCFB photos in an organized and accessible manner.
- Printed Materials and Publications
- Coordinate content creation, design and printing for annual publications, such as the infographic, impact statement, advocacy priorities, printed newsletters, etc.
- Produce flyers, handouts, informational materials for a variety of audiences, including donors, legislators, advocates, and Partner Agencies.
- Work with colleagues across departments to create content, manage contributors, and keep projects on schedule.
- Coordinate mailings as needed.
- Work with colleagues to identify and pitch potential media opportunities.
- Lead media outreach efforts and cultivate relationships with individual media representatives.
- Maintain archive of WCFB press mentions.
- Attend events on behalf of WCFB as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required, ideally with at least 3 years of experience in a communications role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as individually.
- Understanding of and commitment to social justice and ending hunger.
- Understanding of advocacy.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in project management with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience designing publications and web graphics.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and manage social media platforms for an organization or business purpose.
- Experience with Word Press, Photoshop, Microsoft Office suite, as well as ability to learn and use new technologies. Experience with Constant Contact preferred but not required.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to occasionally travel locally and regionally for meetings and as needed for national conferences.
- We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, those with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty to apply.
Interested and qualified applicants should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Please note that, if interviewed, applicants will be asked to provide samples of their work, including printed materials, website content, social media posts, etc.