Worcester County Food Bank employs a professional staff of over 25 people. They are our greatest asset.
Agency Relations Manager
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a hunger-free community. To that end, WCFB annually collects over 6 million pounds of perishable and non-perishable food and distributes it through a network of 118 Partner Agencies, including food pantries and community meal programs, trains Partner Agencies in food safety, and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions to support children, families, and senior citizens in being more food secure and healthy.
The Agency Relations Manager is a full-time, exempt (salary) position that reports to the Executive Director. The Agency Relations Manager supervises the Agency Relations Coordinator. WCFB would not be able to do its work without our strong network of Partner Agencies. The Agency Relations Manager is responsible for maintaining strong collaborative relationships between WCFB and its Partner Agencies, and for leadership of activities related to agency relations including communication, food distribution, food safety training, network meetings as well as implementation of WCFB’s strategic plan as it relates to Partner Agencies.
Leadership of Agency Relations Priorities and Activities
• Maintain focus on the priorities of WCFB as they relate to Partner Agencies.
• Work closely with Executive Director to ensure that Agency Relations activities are streamlined, cohesive, and coordinated with the work of other departments within WCFB.
• Provide project management support to ensure that current strategic plan goals related to Partner Agencies are met and that related activities are ongoing.
• Lead WCFB’s formalized effort to engage and support Partner Agencies in the development of a client-centered model.
• Lead WCFB’s effort to identify opportunities for partnership in areas of high need, and engage those communities toward increased food distribution.
• Lead the process for annual allocations of MEFAP food, Thanksgiving turkeys, and other food allocation needs.
Leadership and Supervision of Agency Relations staff
• Supervise Agency Relations Coordinator to ensure all activities are performed at the highest capacity.
• Support Agency Relations Coordinator through the process of onboarding new Partner Agencies.
• Support the Agency Relations Coordinator in the planning and implementation of Hunger Free Network Meetings (twice annually).
• Support the Agency Relations Coordinator in the scheduling and implementation of regular, periodic trainings for Partner Agencies including Partner Agency Representative Orientations, ServSafe food safety, and Retail Donation Program trainings.
• Actively participate with Agency Relations Coordinator in all aspects of Agency Relations work to:
Ensure that all Partner Agency records are well maintained and that they are complete, accurate, and routinely reviewed and updated.
Ensure Partner Agency compliance with the WCFB Partnership Agreement, as well as all applicable food safety standards, USDA/TEFAP, MEFAP, or other regulatory requirements.
Ensure that all monitoring of Partner Agencies is complete, accurate, well-documented, and accomplished on time.
Ensure that corrective action for any compliance issue is managed appropriately.
Ensure that Partner Agency data is actively monitored and followed-up on appropriately.
Liaise with Partner Agencies
• Act as one of two primary points of contact between all Partner Agencies and WCFB.
• Responsible for periodic as well as special communications to Partner Agencies, including e-newsletters, email, phone, and mail.
• Represent WCFB at appropriate events and meetings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years’ experience in non-profit management with supervisory responsibilities or combination of equivalent education and experience.
• Experience with food a food pantry or community meal program.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as individually.
• Friendly, professional and highly organized, with demonstrated outstanding customer services skills.
• Strong project management skills, including ability to take initiative, proactively plan and manage workload, keep accurate and complete electronic records of work, engage in creative problem solving, and lead others.
• Solid knowledge of various computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and database systems.
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Willingness to travel throughout Worcester County; reliable transportation and good driving record required. A WCFB vehicle for work-related business is shared by staff.
• Willingness to travel occasionally out of state for conferences, etc.
• WCFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty to apply.
Interested and qualified applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Agency Relations Manager” in the subject line. OR mail cover letter and resume to Lisa Tuttle, Administrative Coordinator, WCFB, 474 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA 01545.
WCFB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.