Worcester County Food Bank employs a professional staff of 19 people. They are our greatest asset.
WCFB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Development Associate – Temporary
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a hunger-free community. To that end, WCFB annually collects and inspects over 6 million pounds of perishable and non-perishable food and distributes it through a network of 128 Partner Agencies, including food pantries and community meal programs. WCFB also trains Partner Agencies in food safety and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions to support children, families, and senior citizens in being more food secure and healthy.
The temporary part-time Development Associate will perform detailed donor data entry, will process acknowledgment letters, and may be asked to perform a variety of other donor database and customer service tasks, as needed. This part-time (20-25 hrs/week), temporary position will work from October 31 – January 6, report to the Director of Development and work closely with the Development and Communications Associate. Ideally, this person will work Monday through Friday 5 hours per day, but a different schedule can be discussed during the interview process. Please note that this position will require background and credit checks.
- Process donations arriving to WCFB by receiving and sorting checks from the mail.
- Process direct mail data from the bank by receiving and uploading the Excel files into the Donor Perfect database.
- Process donation batch reports with specific attention to details that should be noted in the record keeping and thank you process.
- Process donor thank you letters with specific attention to details that need to be included in the thank you, for example how the funds were raised or if they were in honor of someone.
- Process acknowledgment of tribute and memorial gifts, as needed, to those recognized by the donor.
- Stuff, seal and post donor thank you letters promptly and as needed.
- Create and present gift reports regularly to supervisor and fund development team.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors through email, phone and mail, as well as in person, as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner, with excellent attention to detail and with the goal of maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of donor information stored in the database.
- Experience in a development, data entry or bookkeeping type position preferred but not required Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to do repetitive tasks with precision
- Ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working with a database strongly preferred. Experience with DonorPerfect a plus.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, as well as the WCFB mission required.
Interested and qualified applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use “Development Associate – Temporary” as the subject of the email. Please note that, if interviewed, applicants will be asked to perform a data related task. No phone calls please.