Worcester County Food Bank employs a professional staff of 19 people. They are our greatest asset.
WCFB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Job OpeningsOperations Associate
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a hunger-free community. To that end, WCFB annually collects and inspects over 5 million pounds of perishable and non-perishable food and distributes it through a network of 131 Partner Agencies, including food pantries and community meal programs; trains Partner Agencies in food safety; and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions to support children, families, and senior citizens in being more food secure and healthy.
The WCFB is currently hiring a full-time Operations Associate. The Operations Associate reports to the Warehouse and Facilities Manager and works in cooperation with other Operations Associates in completing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Worcester County Food Bank warehouse.
- Load and unload product deliveries. Receive, weigh and count incoming food donations.
- Perform quality control check of donated product, including sorted salvage
- Count, stack, store and tag donated product; rotate stock on floor, freezer and cooler
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment, including forklift and pallet jack, reporting any issues to the Warehouse and Facilities Manager
- Maintain temperature, sanitation and other logs required by outside agencies, reporting any issues to the Warehouse and Facilities Manager
- Act as a contact for and provide direction to warehouse volunteers
- Assist with orientation, training, and retention of warehouse volunteers
- Maintain the volunteer break and sorting areas in a safe and clean manner
- Perform inventory related tasks
- As needed, pick up food donations and deliver agency food orders using Food Bank truck; maintain truck log book; perform truck inspections; report any truck maintenance issues to Warehouse and Facilities Manager
- Report any issues with volunteers and visitors, including safety concerns, to the Warehouse and Facilities Manager
- Perform facility maintenance duties as assigned by Warehouse and Facilities Manager
- Work with the Warehouse and Facilities Manager and other Operations Associates to ensure timely, complete, and accurate records of product donations and agencies receiving product
- Provide support for private or corporate food drives in cooperation with other Food Bank staff
- Act as back-up and perform required duties in the event of the absence of other Operations Associates, as assigned by the Warehouse Manager
- Conduct oneself in accordance with the positive image of the Worcester County Food Bank with all staff, agencies, volunteers, donors, and visitors
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse and Facilities Manager
- Alter scheduled hours or work additional hours to meet the needs of WCFB. Occasional evening/weekend work required.
Warehouse and driving experience preferred, but not required. Must meet MA Department of Transportation physical exam requirements, have a valid MA license and maintain a safe driving record. Forklift and ServeSafe Food Safety certification – training provided by the Food Bank. Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Basic computer skills required. Commitment to Food Bank’s mission. Ability to work on feet for long periods and to lift 50 pounds required. Position does not require Commercial Driver’s License.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Associate”. No phone calls, please.